It would be nice if there was an option to merge two entries.

kevink707
kevink707
Community Member

Sometimes I accidentally end up with multiple entries for one web site, it would be nice if there was a merge option (ideally with a way to choose which one has the correct password).

1Password Version: 6.2.1 (621001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Merge

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @kevink707,

Thanks for the suggestion! At this time, there is no option to merge entries, but 1Password mini makes it fairly simple to compare two entries and move information between the items. Here’s how I would do it:

1. Use ⌘⌥\ ( Command-Option- \ ) to open 1Password mini, or just click on the icon in your menu bar.
    2. Start typing the title of the item you wish to examine (the Search field is automatically active when mini is opened).
    3. Once the correct item is highlighted, view the details and click the anchor icon in the bottom corner to pin the window to your screen.
    4. Move the window so you can view the details next to the item in the main app.
    5. Click to copy any fields from the window into the item in the main app.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, we’re here for you!

• garz
    garz
    Community Member

I would also like to see this feature implemented to be able to use the same login/password (ex. my company windows credentials) for all the web sites that require them: I had to manually merge multiple entries with different URL into one (intranet.mycompany.local, webmail.mycompany.com, sharepoint,mycompany.local, etc.). This makes password changes much easier...

• Thanks for the request, garz.

We'll keep that in mind when considering new features.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

I just want to +1 this suggestion about merging multiple items ... my situation is similar to @garz . Additionally, I have various entries from the early days of 1P when I often ended up with multiple items for web sites that had the username and password on different pages (now, 1P is great about encouraging those to all go into the same item).

• Hi,

Thanks for adding your input! We'll take that into consideration.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.