How to import vault from dropbox online?

Options
russell15324
russell15324
Community Member

It looks like I cannot access 1password for families on the windows 10 desktop app, but the guides on importing vaults says that I must use the desktop app to import a vault. Can I import from dropbox online and then just use the web browser across applications?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@russell15324 You should be able to access 1Password Families from the Windows 10 beta app. Have you tried to connect the two and encountered an error? If so, we should be able to get that fixed.

And to answer your question, there isn't currently a way to import your information from Dropbox through a web browser. So let's get everything set up for the Windows 10 beta app and go from there :)

• russell15324
    russell15324
    Community Member
    Options

Well the reviews show that it's still highly unstable. And I'm sure you can agree that handling private data in an unstable application is a questionable decision from a security vantage. Anyway, thanks for the info

• Jacob
    Options

@russell15324 It hasn't been in my experience, actually. The interface and usability definitely need some work, which is why we're beta testing it, but if you're having any database issues those are at the top of our list. Your passwords and data are the most important thing; how you interact with it all is the next priority. :)

This discussion has been closed.