The 1Password Finder menu keeps popping down

axello
axello
Community Member

Even when I'm not clicking it or am not even in the neighbourhood with my pointer.
Highly annoying, because everything that I type then appears in the password field instead of my word processor. I've killed the menu for now.

Started happening yesterday. I've restarted 1Password several times since then. It only happens when the authentication is timed out.

Mac OS X 10.11.4
1Password 6.2.1

Anyone else have this problem?

Axel

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:menu keeps dropping down

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@axello is that username a Kingdom Hearts reference? I'm having flashbacks to the time I moderated a forum dedicated to that series...

Ahem. :silenced: Where was I? Right. Unfortunately I have to respond to your question with some questions of my own. Does this happen when you hit a keyboard shortcut (1Password uses Command + "\" by default but that can be changed.) And are you referring to 1Password mini, which lives next to your clock and WiFi and battery icons, or the Preferences menu, which is on the other side of the menu bar?

Once we get those questions answered (at least the ones pertaining to 1Password) we'll be able to figure things out :)

• axello
    axello
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Hi,
    I don't know Kingdom Hearts, but I have used this nickname for many, many years.
    It happens when I hover my mouse over a web browsers window, or any window actually, and then the menuitem 1Password Mini pops down. So my hands are not on the keyboard (I'm using a real mouse, not the trackpad)
    1Password, the app, is not in the foreground when this happens.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@axello thanks for clarifying! This is a known issue that we've let our development team know about, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon 8-)

ref: OPM-4115

• axello
    axello
    Community Member

Thanks!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure!

This discussion has been closed.