I can no longer access all of my personal passwords. The vault opens for part of a second and close

carolcho
carolcho
Community Member

I purchased 1 password for myself about a year ago. I think it was version 5. But when I right click it and get information, it says it was updated to 6.2.1 yesterday. Then I got a family account for our business which is a monthly account. I didn't want to mix them. So the family account is accessed from the web. But I was told I had a collision of apps on my computer and to delete the original version. So I put it in the trash. But then my personal passwords would not come up. So I put it back in the applications folder. Now it opens only for part of a second never allowing me to use my personal passwords. I really do not want to figure them out all over again even if I could. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini

Comments

• Hi @carolcho,

It sounds to me like you've possibly got both the Mac App Store version and the AgileStore version running on your machine at the same time. When you type in your password it unlocks for a second and then re-locks? do you have two 1Password mini icons in the menubar?

Rudy

• carolcho
    carolcho
    Community Member

No. Only one. I restarted my computer. Now it does open and stays open. Yes I do have one I bought for personal use and one that is a family version which I use for business. I do not want to mix them. So I have to go on the web to get the family account. It is not particularly ideal, but I can't figure out how to run both accounts on the same computer.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @carolcho,

I’m glad that restarting your computer helped! Now, if you’d like, we can add your 1Password Families account to the app on your computer so that you don’t have to open a browser window to access your business data. The vaults in 1Password will still remain separate, so you can view just your personal data or just your business data if you prefer.

Take a look at this article in our User Guide:

How to add your 1Password account.

If you have any questions about the process, please let us know and we’ll be happy to walk you through it. :)

This discussion has been closed.