I'm having serious trouble with 1password mini / 1password for Chrome. The issue is slowness.

ericgrey
ericgrey
Community Member

I use a Macbook Pro (latest version, always fully updated) and Google Chrome w/ the extension. Use 1password for Teams. I also use 1password on iPhone and iPad where it is wonderfully bug free. But on the Mac, I have problems. In particular, I will apply the fix for slow 1password mini available on the support forum and elsewhere (restarting it from within the app) as well as standard fixes (restarting, clearing caches, etc) and things will function well for a week or so, and then the slowness begins.

Sometimes, it's just a brief pause, sometimes it can take up to 45 seconds for the app to unlock and allow expansion of passwords. Sometimes it will open ok, but stop me from clicking on items and have me opening wrong items instead because of a super brief lag that happens to find my hovering over the wrong item.

It's super, super annoying. :) HELP!

1Password Version: 6.2.1 (MAS)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: forum-search:Intense slowness and bugginess of 1password mini

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ericgrey,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a delay in 1Password mini!

If it helps to restart 1Password mini but the problem returns after several days or so, it sounds like you're running into a known issue our developers have fixed in a recent beta, and you can find more information about it in this announcement: Experiencing slow unlock issues with 1Password 6? Please read this.

As that announcement explains, this should be fixed in the latest beta of 1Password for Mac. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the fix should be included in the next stable update. In the meantime, you can use the workaround of restarting mini if the problem happens again.

I apologize for the inconvenience! If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.