Where is my vault?

greddm
greddm
Community Member

I just switched to a new laptop and restored from a Time Machine backup. Now when I open the app it says it cant find the vault and I've looked in all the places the help tips say to look. I have no idea where it is. 1Password on my phone still works.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Just to make sure. I may be telling you something you know well, but it does confuse some people.

there is a difference between /Library, which means the Library folder visible at the top level of your hard drive, and ~/Library, which means the Library folder inside your Home folder. The latter is hidden by default, so it is at least possible that you have been looking in the wrong place. To view that folder, press the Option key and use the Go menu in the Finder, and you can then reach that folder, and then enter Time Machine for the folder.

• greddm
    greddm
    Community Member

Ah, that was it. Once I located the folder I was able to use Time Machine to restore it from my back up. Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greddm,

I'm glad to hear that danco's suggestion helped and that 1Password is all set up in your new computer!

Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.