Sync Issues

SRJ
SRJ
Community Member

I have a Mac and an iPhone. I can't sync to the iPhone, keep getting "computer not found" even though on the same network.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @SRJ,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue.

So you're saying that you wish to sync via Wifi to your Mac computer?

Keep in mind you would need to have your Mac unlocked and your copy of 1Password unlocked in order to be able to initiate wifi sync. If you are locked we would not be able to sync the data.

Otherwise, is it possible that you have any firewalls or antivirus softwares setup on your computer? The ports for wifi sync would need to be open in order for it to work.

Also please check out your wifi sync setup on your Mac and iPhone. You can consult this web page here.

• SRJ
    SRJ
    Community Member

Both are unlocked. I hit sync now and nothing happens.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@SRJ,

Wi-Fi Sync must be done with the two devices connected to the same wireless network. This means that you need to remember to sync them before you go on an adventure that separates them. Dropbox syncing is fully automatic and securely syncs your 1Password data anywhere you have Internet access. There's nothing to remember (or forget!), and it isn't affected by different network configurations which can prevent Wi-Fi Sync from working. If you can load a web page in your browser, you can sync with Dropbox.

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

It's something to consider if you never considered it before. Syncing with Dropbox is seamless, automatic, and much less susceptible to failure due to specific network configurations.

Of course, if you have already considered and rejected Dropbox, we are happy to work with you to try to get Wi-Fi Sync working. It's just a lot more troubleshooting than Dropbox, and I thought I would spare you all the hassle unless you had your heart set on Wi-Fi Sync. :)

The first place to start is our comprehensive guide:

Wi-Fi Sync is not working

If you are stuck on any step there, please let me know which specific step you are stuck on. I'd be happy to provide more specific assistance.

This discussion has been closed.