I have 1Password pro on my iphone doesn't this allow me to have it on my mac also?

dschell
dschell
Community Member

I thought that my 1Password pro purchase would allow me to put 1Password on my iPhone and MAC but it doesn't appear in my purchased list on my MAC. How do I get his on my MAC without having to purchase it again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:switch-from-mac-app-store, kb-search:iphone and mac, kb:pro-features-faq, kb-search:I have the pro version but I can't get the app on my mac why, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dschell,

I’m sorry for the confusion! The Pro features available for 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Android are separate purchases that do not include licenses for the desktop versions of 1Password. To use 1Password on your Mac or Windows PC, you’ll need a desktop license. You can purchase directly from the AgileBits Store or from the Mac App Store if you prefer.

• dschell
    dschell
    Community Member

Ok I thought I could have it on more than one device. I guess these must be iOS devices?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @dschell,

Yes indeed licensing is based on per platform, per user. So if you had 5 Macs that you used, you can apply the Mac License to those computers. Additionally the iOS app is licensed through Apple in-app purchases, which basically lets you license and iPhone that is setup with the Apple ID you bought 1Password with.

Hope this explains things.

This discussion has been closed.