Signed up for families free trial. I want to go back but now my Account is frozen

Options
teresalunt
teresalunt
Community Member

I have used 1password for years on or 6 devices. Signed up for a free trial of families. Couldn't figure it out. I don't want it so I let it expire. Now my account is frozen. What a bummer I will have to find another product to use? I want to go back to before but my account is frozen.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Signed up for families free trial. Can't figure out how to use it. I want to go back but now my account is frozen.

Comments

• teresalunt
    teresalunt
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Signed up for families free trial. Can't figure out how to use it. I want to go back but now my account is frozen.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @teresalunt,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I merged both of your posts into this one discussion, so we can better assist you without adding to any confusion. :)

As Max mentioned in the other thread, you can always go back to using 1Password without a family account, like you did before. If you originally moved the items from your Primary vault to a vault in your family account, the process should be familiar to you. The steps to move items from one vault to another are consistent regardless of the source and destination vaults.

1. From the File menu, choose Backup. Then click Backup Now to back up your vault.
    2. Switch to the vault with the items you want to move.
    3. Select the item(s) you wish to move. Select multiple items by holding down the Command key when clicking on them. Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list.
    4. From the Item menu, choose Share.
    5. Select the vault you wish to move the data into, and you’ll then have the option to move or copy the item.

If you are stuck on any step, please let me know which specific step you are stuck on. I'm happy to provide more specific assistance.

• teresalunt
    teresalunt
    Community Member
    Options

I never moved any items from my vault to a family account. At least I don't think I did. But when I open the app on my iOS devices it says my account is frozen and I won't be able to add any new items.

Family sounded interesting but I couldn't figure it out

How can I tell if I moved any items?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@teresalunt,

Even if your account is frozen, you can still view and retrieve all your data. It's your data, and we would never keep you from it. More details about frozen accounts:

https://support.1password.com/frozen-account/

And a frozen family account does not affect any of your vaults outside of your family account, like data you have in your Primary vault.

You can verify if you have any items in your family account by switching to each family vault to see what is in each one. If you didn't move any items and all your family vaults are empty, then you can simply sign out of your account in Preferences > Accounts. Select the account, then click Remove Account.

This discussion has been closed.