3rd Party integration bookmarks-default.json file is blank

countdrachma
countdrachma
Community Member

I've been trying to get the 1P bookmark integration working with either Alfred or Launchbar unsuccessfully. I've tried both launchers and both MAS 1P and Agile site versions. Having read forum threads on both the AgileBits and Objective Development sites I think that the problem is in the 1P bookmarks-default.json file. I can see this created in the right locations for both the MAS version (~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd Party Integration) and the AgileBits store version (~/Library/Application\ Support/1Password\ 4/3rd\ Party\ Integration) and both successfully have bookmark-default.json files. Pointing both Launchbar and / or Alfred to this location still doesn't show any bookmarks indexed though. I had a look at these .json files though and they are only 2 bytes. Trying to open them with a text editor shows blank documents so I am drawing the conclusion that these files are the culprits and not the launcher apps.

I am running the latest 1Password 6 Version 6.2.1 (621002) (AgileBits Store) and the latest Alfred App 3 and Launchbar apps on OSX 10.11.5 Beta (15F31a).

Would you be able to point me in the right direction as to why these .json files aren't containing any of the bookmark data for the launcher apps to read? I have tried closing all apps, checking and unchecking the 1P third party integration etc.

Looking forward to your help.

Thans in advance.
Dean

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @countdrachma,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Third-party integration is only available for your Primary vault (a technical term referring to the main local vault). You won't have a Primary vault if you performed the initial set up of 1Password by signing directly into a family or team account. Might that be the case? Or do you have a Primary vault with some items in it?

• countdrachma
    countdrachma
    Community Member

That explains it Khad! I have signed in with a family account. Does that mean that I can't use the third party integration as part of a team? That would be disappointing :(

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@countdrachma,

At this time, that is correct. But we are absolutely looking at improving that in the future.

It wouldn't be practical to try to keep all of your items updated between two vaults. But if there were a small number of items you wanted to make accessible to third-party apps, you could create a Primary vault (Preferences > Advanced) and copy just those items to the Primary vault.

Personally it wouldn't be worth it to me since Option-Command-Backslash (\) opens 1Password mini and I can use it just like any other launcher, but the option is available if you had your heart set on it.

• countdrachma
    countdrachma
    Community Member

Thanks Khad. That makes sense. My preference would be to continue to use Launchbar as I use it for everything but until its integrated with teams, I'll use the mini shortcuts. No big deal. I just wanted to understand why I couldn't get it to work! At least you've set me straight on that. Thanks for the clarification.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@countdrachma,

Happy to help! I can't promise a time frame, but hopefully it won't be too far in the future. :)

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.