How do I add Logins?

Options
toreclaesson
toreclaesson
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

I just switched from Dashline to 1password. But i can't seem to add passwords for my logins. not as intuitive as Dashline? So when i open the login page, by clickin on the app icon, it appears with a menu on the left, logins window, and the 1pw logo on right in the next window, how do i actually add for example linkedin or whatever?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• Jacob
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hey @toreclaesson! Glad to hear you're giving it a try. Did you import any of your previous passwords from Dashlane? You can do that by exporting them from your Dashlane account and then following the steps in Import data from other applications.

For adding Logins, there are a few ways to do it. I personally prefer using the browser extension. I'm not sure whether you're on a Mac or Windows computer, but the extension is pretty similar on each. You can install it from our extensions page, then all you need to do is enter your username and password on a webpage and press enter on your keyboard as you usually would. 1Password will automatically ask you to save the details as a Login item. You can give it a name and click Save Login. Once you come back to that website, all you need to do is click the extension and select that Login from the list, or press Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) then \ on your keyboard, to fill the username and password and sign in.

We have a bit more info on this in our user guides and knowledge base. Since I'm not sure what platform you're on, I won't recommend the specific guides, but I did want to mention our article on making your passwords stronger. It's the second best reason to use 1Password — to store strong passwords that you can't remember (which is why they are strong) behind one you can. ;)

Let us know if you have any questions!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@toreclaesson, you may be most interested in this article and video:

How to automatically save and fill passwords on the web

I would start there. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any trouble following the steps there.

This discussion has been closed.