Why doesn't 1 password remember a generated password properly.

gklein
gklein
Community Member

When I subscribe to a new site, and use the one password generator, I'm asked if the password should be stored. Of course I want that so I'll say yes. More often than not, this proces fails and the wrong or no password is stored. Super frustrating because then I have to go through all the hoops of resetting a password and manually checking that it is stored correctly.

My work around is: always making a manual copy of the suggested password, and always checking what is stored and correcting if necessary. But why doesn't that still work properly after so many updates? It makes subscribing more cumbersome instead of easier. It used to work fine (like in a few years ago) but it has been unreliable and messy for way too long.

It's is so frustrating that it makes me think about changing to something else...

1Password Version: 6.2.1.
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OSX 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gklein,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You don't have to use the site's "reset password" or "forgot password" feature. 1Password keeps track of all the passwords you create with the password generator, so you can get them back if you didn’t have a chance to save them.

How to recover a password created with the password generator

That said, we'd love to know where you are having trouble so we can improve 1Password.

• What's the URL of a site where you had this problem?
    • And can you give me the steps to exact steps to reproduce the problem? I want to make sure I am doing exactly what you are doing, so it is helpful to know every detail — trying to create a new Login item or update an existing one? — and every mouse click you made.
This discussion has been closed.