Folder Option not showing up when saving new passwords

JPJ
JPJ
Community Member

Hi, Before I did the last update, my 1password used to show the folder option when saving new password. This was easy to get it organized right a way. But, now it does not show the option and I have to remember to open 1password and move the login to the right folder. Why did you remove that option? Will you please bring it back? I know it has the tags option. But, I would prefer the folder option. Or if I'm supposed to choose this somewhere in preferences, please let me know. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:folder

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JPJ,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for the confusion. We are moving away from folders for the more powerful tags. Tags work just like folders, but items are not restricted to a single tag. Items can only be in a single folder, so tags are a better option since they are more flexible.

If you wanted to transition from folders to tags, you can create a tag by adding it to a single item. Then, once the tag shows up in the sidebar of the main 1Password app, you can select all the items in the folder you want to migrate and drag them onto the tag.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

• JPJ
    JPJ
    Community Member

Thank you Khad. I will look into it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Khad, you're quite welcome! If you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.