How to fill in pop-up login and password

peroberts
peroberts
Community Member

I have the logins & passwords for our routers & file servers saved in 1Password. When I type in the IP address in a browser, a pop-up (or drop-down) dialog box with the login & password fields appears, but I have to actually copy the information from 1Password and paste it into the dialog box. Unlike for other web pages, 1Password does not paste that data into the fields if I click on the login item in 1Password . While 1Password recognizes the URL, and displays the appropriate menu item is there a way to get the 1Password browser extension to fill in the fields in this box automatically? (I have enabled the "Always submit" option)

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini, kb:browser-extension

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @peroberts,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. At this time, 1Password for Mac does not fill basic access authentication prompts. We have some tips, but it sounds like you are already copying the password as we show:

How to copy and fill passwords into apps that don’t work with 1Password

These tips work for other apps besides browsers as well. So I use the same workflow when iTunes prompts me for my Apple ID password.

1. Option-Command-Backslash (\) to open 1Password mini.
    2. Begin typing to find the Login item for my Apple ID.
    3. Shift-Command-C to copy the password of the selected item.

If you are already viewing a website that comes up as a match in 1Password mini, you can skip all that and simply press Shift-Command-C to copy the password.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. :)

Cheers!

• peroberts
    peroberts
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. Yes I do copy/paste from 1Password mini. That works fine, was just wondering if it was possible with basic access authentication, it would be a nice feature. Thanks so much again for your time!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@peroberts,

I'll make sure the developers know you would be interested in this if it was possible to add in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.