sync

larafab
larafab
Community Member

I just purchased a license for my 1password 3 on my mac only to find that I can only sync with other devices using 1password 5 which I cannot upgrade version 3 from. Do I need to purchase 1password 5? Does this mean I just wasted my money on 3? What can I do?

1Password Version: 3.8.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitam
Sync Type: iCloud or wi-fi
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, ug:mac/new-computer-wi-fi, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:mac/wi-fi-server-preferences, kb:sync-options

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @larafab,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

We haven't sold licenses for 1Password 3 for a number of years now. I just double-checked. The license you purchased is for 1Password 6. That's the current version of 1Password, and you can download it from the link in the email receipt we sent you. Here is the link again for your convenience:

https://agilebits.com/downloads

The only reason you would need to use an older version of 1Password is if you are not running OS X Yosemite or newer. Since you indicated you are running OS X El Capitan, you are all set to use the current version of 1Password.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.