Family sharing vault frozen

Options
EAPTCB
EAPTCB
Community Member

Hello everyone.

My family sharing vault is frozen due to not subscribing to the service. When we were trying it out, I created vaults for all family members and was eager and excited about the whole family sharing prospect. Alas the rest of the family didn't share my enthusiasm and all things great about 1P :(

So I decided not to subscribe as it would be a complete waste of money and effort on my part. The problem I have now though is I want to move all the logins and notes from each members vaults back to MY original -standard non-family vault and then delete the whole family sharing vaults and accounts.

But I keep getting a message that it's frozen! I can understand freezing the auto fill and edit features on non-subscribed accounts, but I'm just trying to use the 'move' feature to put everything back to the standard 1P account. (Non family, non-sharing) how can I do this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Family sharing vault frozen

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @EAPTCB

You'll need to copy the items, instead of moving them. At present frozen items cannot be deleted (as they cannot be modified in any way), and a "move" is just a copy + delete.

Thanks!

Ben

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

I can't see how to do this on iPhone. There's an option to "move/Copy" but that's frozen. I've tried copying and pasting to a new login but it's an impossibility on the iPhone as I can't open 2 instances of logins!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@EAPTCB did you add new information to these vaults, or did you just move information from your existing vaults to vaults shared with your family? If it's the latter, restoring from a backup might help get everything back to where it was before. If it's the former, I'm curious if you have access to another device -- it's much easier to copy and paste from a Mac, for example, than from an iPhone.
    ref: OPI-3568

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I have the Windows version, is it easier on there? And yes, I moved to new vaults, but not sure if backup has everything I need without losing anything.

• Jacob
    Options

@EAPTCB You can copy multiple items at once on Windows, so yes it is indeed easier. :) Have you signed in to your family account in the Windows app already? Our How to migrate to a family or team guide has steps to help you move things into your account, but they can also be used to move things out. Could you try that please and let us know how it goes?

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

Will give it a try with the app, but also got the desktop version, which would be better?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EAPTCB I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Are you differentiating between 1Password 4 for Windows and the new 1Password 6 for Windows beta? If so, you'll have to use the beta, as 1Password 4 can't connect to your 1Password account :)

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't make myself understood. I have finally (and laboriously) copied over each of my items from family/teams to my 'normal' 1P :) now one last request, how do I completely delete a family/teams account for good? All data I needed has been saved, and I will never be using it again.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi EAPTCB,

I'm glad to hear that everything has been moved over, and I apologize for the inconvenience there. You can delete your account by sending an email to support@agilebits.com from the email address used to create your account. Then we'll follow up there.

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.