Sync option missing

Options
afctee
afctee
Community Member

I've just signed up for the trial of 1Password Family (I believe Family, and not Team).
To put it simply, I'm looking to use this app on my iPhone, iPad Air II, and my iMac. After installing the software on all devices, and logging in, I don't see the option for Sync. Weird, right? What am I missing?

PS: I don't see an option here to post an image, but, after Security in Settings, I should see Sync, no? Well, on all three devices, it isn't there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:no sync option

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @afctee,

When you use 1Password Families, your information is automatically available across all your devices. There's no need to set up another sync service like Dropbox or iCloud -- 1Password Families handles everything for you. 8-)

• afctee
    afctee
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hmm, that's brilliant! I guess the question I still have is, why others have told me I should see a 'sync' option in my settings?
    Also, on my iMac last night, I created one 'login' item, as a test, but, that doesn't show up on my iPad or iPhone.

Also, if using Family, will I be able to see my content from ALL devices, including Windows, too?

Thanks for your assistance...

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's most likely because those people were using 1Password before they created a 1Password account. They still have the option to change how their existing vaults are synced -- via Dropbox, iCloud, etc. -- even though their choice doesn't affect their newer vaults.

Do you know if the new login was saved to a specific vault? Does it not show up after you exit 1Password for iOS? And, just to make sure, is it available on 1Password.com? The answers to those questions will help us figure out what's going on there.

• afctee
    afctee
    Community Member
    Options

...thanks @nmott

Do you know if the new login was saved to a specific vault? Yes, Personal
    Does it not show up after you exit 1Password for iOS? No, and I made sure the app was closed from Task Manager
    And, just to make sure, is it available on 1Password.com? No, the test I created on my iMac, isn't in 1Password.com. That's when I knew there was a 'sync' issue.

To confirm, thus far, I created a test 'Login' online, and that clearly shows on my iPhone (I'll check my iPad this evening).
    Maybe there is something wrong in the iMac 1Password application.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the extra information!

It does seem like this is an issue with the item created on your iMac. Can you just double-check to make sure it's connected to your 1Password account, that it's got an internet connection, and that the login you created shows up in the "logins" category in your Primary vault? If worst comes to worst it wouldn't hurt to just quit 1Password for Mac, restart it, and see if that addressed the problem 8-)

• afctee
    afctee
    Community Member
    Options

I'm beginning to wonder, if this is my issue, too:
    **https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64914/do-i-now-have-two-1password-accounts#latest **

More than likely, I've 'logged' into the app, on my iMac, merely locally. Hence why nothing 'syncs' to the web, iPhone and iPad...

• afctee
    afctee
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott I'm on my iMac, and in the 1Password 6 software, there is no where to 'login'. How do I remedy this?
    I also uninstalled and reinstalled the software, via the AgileBits website, to my iMac. Yet, when I open the app, it asks for a Master code. It is as if it is still seeing my original install.

I Googled where the database was saved, to thus delete it. But, I wasn't successful in finding the location. Thanks

• afctee
    afctee
    Community Member
    Options

Boom, I just watched this video. And, I think I've fixed it!!!

https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

• Jacob
    Options

@afctee That'll do it! :) I'm very happy to hear the video helped, too.

This discussion has been closed.