Password manager and Secure Wallet

Options
2»

Comments

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @deverman and others,

We are still investigating the issue of it asking for iCloud login once per day. We will post more information as it becomes available.

Regards,
    Kevin

• kkrakovych
    kkrakovych
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty,

I am back to the thread with bad news. Since my last comment on May 27, 2016 I have been asked twice to sign in with Apple ID for 1Password. I hope you will figure out what is going on with the iCloud sync and find a way to remediate it.

N.B. Just in case I bought 1Password on your web site, not in Apple App store.

With best regards,
    Kostyantyn

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kkrakovych our apologies for the frustration. This is a known issue, and we are working to get to the bottom of it. What appears to be happening is that the iCloud server is forcing a login every 24 hours (we haven't confirmed the exact time frame yet, but that seems to be about right). We're seeing it here as well and have contacted Apple for more information. In the meantime, it is safe to login when you receive that prompt.

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member
    Options

I am STILL getting this ... and it seems nothing works. I am running the Beta 6.5 on two Macs and my iPhone. HELLO AGILE ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ixplorer: Hi! When you say that you are "still getting this" and "nothing works", do you mean that you're being prompted to login to your iCloud account, as others in this discussion mentioned (since I don't see any earlier posts from you)? If so, you can simply login to your iCloud account if you'd like 1Password to be able to use it to sync your data, or disable iCloud in 1Password Preferences > Sync. I hope this helps! :)

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Yup I have been getting this out of the blue for the past two days and all the posts on this thread are exactly what i have been having... i have done this fix a few times now and then had to do it again... and again... will let you know if it is still a problem tomorrow. I normally don't use icloud sync at all. Thanks for the prompt reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ixplorer: That's really weird. Was iCloud showing as enabled in 1Password again each time? I wonder if the saved preferences have become damaged (or if a permissions issue is preventing 1Password from saving it properly). Be sure to let me know if you encounter this again!

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member
    Options

I am wondering if it was something to do with the app, as I spotted this first on my iphone. Then when i got home it was one one Mac... then the next day it was on the other Mac. I changed my AppleID pass just to make sure there was nothing hokey.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

@ixplorer: To be clear, 1Password for iOS doesn't handle iCloud sync at all. It's handled by iOS at the system level. So there is no iCloud login prompt for 1Password on an iOS device, only those friendly modal system dialogs that prevent you from doing anything else until you either login or cancel it.

If it happens again, could you take a screenshot? To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

It's expected to have to login to iCloud to setup sync with the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac only. In any other case, I'm not sure what would be causing that.

• josephanthony
    josephanthony
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I have the same problem only mine gets better...
    I followed the instructions AB suggested. After step #3, when entering my Apple ID, I get an instant alert on my cell phone and computer that someone is opening 1Password on a device in NYC. I live in DE, I prompted "not allow". Can this be related to the worm that was traveling around the other day on Google Docs? I ran security and Malware scans and they come out clean.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@josephanthony: The Google Docs phishing attack, as far as I've read, affects Google Accounts and not iCloud/Apple IDs. It's certainly wise of you to pause and take stock of things when receiving a notice you don't expect though. However, it may simply be that you have a "New York IP address", perhaps temporarily, or newly. That's kind of nonsense, because IP addresses aren't actually tied to a geographical area (and more and more are shifting as IPv4 addresses are running out and being transferred between companies), but people try to make that association anyway. You can check this using a reverse IP lookup tool. And of course if you're getting a notification of a new login attempt on your Apple ID that coincides with you trying to login to your account, that's exactly what you should expect. Cheers! :)

• josephanthony
    josephanthony
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Anytime! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.