Password generator slider values can't be decreased

iphoneuser
iphoneuser
Community Member

I just ran into this very frustrating issue using the password generator. If I open a new password generator window and increase any of the settings (length, digits, symbols) I cannot then decrease any of the settings. The sliders act "stuck" and swiping left only serves to open the "words" menu. I was in a hurry to generate a password and this drove me crazy. I found later that if I cancel that password and then reopen the generator (clicking on "+" to add a new password) the sliders work (more or less, the first attempt to slide left causes the screen to slide down so your finger moves off of the slider; however the value is decreased and the generated password changes accordingly). Version 6.4.1 on iOS 9.3.2.
I would classify this as a bug as it is repeatable (for me at least).

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@iphoneuser thanks for reaching out! I was able to see the same thing. In my case it wasn't that it was impossible to change the sliders after they've been increased, it was just rather difficult; I had to make sure I was hitting the slider exactly right. I've passed this on to our dev team to take a look at.

ref: OPI-3354.

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member

Thanks. I could not repeat this exactly just now. I do see the screen sliding down when I first try to access a slider but after that I can change the settings with an accurate press on the slider. I am not sure what steps I took the other day that led to my claim that this was repeatable.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.