"an error occurred" when installing the Safari extension

Options
MERVIEW
MERVIEW
Community Member

Hi,
I just down loaded the Safari extension and I got the message that "an error occurred".
What does this mean?
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Why do I get "an error occurred when installing Safari extension"?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MERVIEW,

Sorry to hear you're getting an error about the 1Password extension in Safari!

Are you getting that message when trying to install the extension, or did Safari give you that message when trying to update the extension? In either case, this knowledgebase article may help with that: How to fix the “Safari can’t install this extension” error

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• MERVIEW
    MERVIEW
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew,

I have not been able to install the Safari extension. Just to clarify, I've had 1 Password for at least 2 years. i just updated to
    the newest version. Do I actually need to install the extension again or am I getting the error message because I already have
    installed?
    Thanks,

Merview

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MERVIEW,

If you have the extension installed, you don't need to install it again.

That said, you can be sure that everything is resolved if you:

1. uninstall the 1Password extension form Safari, then
    2. install the 1Password extension from the Safari Extension Gallery

Does that do the trick?

• MERVIEW
    MERVIEW
    Community Member
    Options

Khad,
    Thank you for that answer. The other problem I am having is every time I try to use my 1 Password mini I get a message that
    I am not logged into my icloud account and sinking is not complete. Since that last 1 Password upgrade, I have experienced
    issues with sinking to the cloud and the extensions update.

Merview

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MERVIEW,

Is this what you are seeing?

If so, signing in should resolve it temporarily, but we are working with Apple to find out why the tokens are expiring every day.

If not, can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing and attach the image to your reply?

• MERVIEW
    MERVIEW
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Khad,
    That is what I'm seeing but it is not lasting for a day. It is not lasting for one login. I keep getting the window you show above.
    I also have the 1 Password app in my iphone. I did an experiment whereby I changed one website password in 1 Password on my Macbook. I opened the app on my iphone and pressed sync.
    I looked for the changed password and it was not changed. I tried syncing several times and it is not working.

Merview

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MERVIEW,

The token you get from Apple should be valid for a day. (We're working with them to figure out why it is only one day.) There was a bug in the version before 6.3 that made it pop up more often, but you indicated in your first post that you are running 1Password 6.3 on your Mac. If you are seeing the problem more frequently than one day in 1Password 6.3, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.