I updated my 1password, after that a webside poped up where I should fill in my AppleID. Correct?

Options
hejako
hejako
Community Member

Is it OK to connect the Password Manager and Secure Wallet to my appleID that way?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I updated my 1password and after that a webside poped up where I should fill in my AppleID and password to connect the Password Manager and Secure Wallet. Correct?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, it's OK. There has apparently been an issue with iCloud tokens (which get saved in 1PW) expiring.

I don't know much myself about this, but it has been discussed and explained in several threads, and advice given. See, for instance, Kevin's response in the thread https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/307686/#Comment_307686

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hejako,

I'm sorry for the confusion about that! As Danco mentioned, this is related to the login token 1Password uses to sync with your iCloud account - it seems that those tokens expired for many customers today, which means you need to sign in with your Apple ID username and password again in order to continue syncing. There was also a bug in 1Password which caused it to repeatedly prompt users to sign in again, but that was fixed so it shouldn't be a problem if you're using the latest version (and it looks like you are).

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.