Back from Dropbox to iCloud - forgot my old iCloud Password - how can I reset

Options
michael123459
michael123459
Community Member

I had an old 1Password Password in iCloud which I forgot.

Now I use Dropbox, but I want to go back to iCloud. But 1Password wants to merge the old iCloud Vault and needs the old Password. How can I delete these old iCloud stuff to generate a new vault?

I bought my 1Password Software directly from Agile Bits, not from the App Store.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Back from Dropbox to iCloud - forgot my old iCloud Password how can I reset

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michael123459,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble switching back to iCloud sync! I'm sure we can help with that.

Just to make sure I understand - you have all your latest data in the 1Password app on your Mac, and you're trying to switch back to syncing with iCloud, but it's asking for an older master password which you forgot, so you need to delete that 1Password data from iCloud. Is that correct?

If so, no problem: Just open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. Click "Yes, Remove Remote Data", and after a moment you should see a message that confirms the data was reset. Now you should be able to go back to the sync preferences and enable iCloud. That will put a fresh copy of your vault in your iCloud account. (If you need to sync that to other Macs or iOS devices, just make sure that initial sync completes first.)

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

• michael123459
    michael123459
    Community Member
    Options

It works! Many Thanks !!! :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michael123459,

On behalf of Drew_AG, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear it's now working properly, please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.