I'm getting constant requests to login with my apple id/p/w. I looked at the forum and it didn't

Options
Corky_Rainey
Corky_Rainey
Community Member

When I sign into 1 Password, I'm getting constant requests to sign-in with my Apple ID & p/w. After reading forum, I did this, but now in response I get a circle, with a revolving circle showing it's attempting to log in, apparently with no success. What's going on? Will I lose my passwords? Is this a security issue?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: ICLOUD
Referrer: forum-search:constant login requests

Comments

• kkrakovych
    kkrakovych
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Corky_Rainey,

If I understand this properly, I have the same behaviour for 1Password on OS X today. Please check the attached screenshot, I think you see a similar one. Actually it was because 1Password connection to iCloud has expired.

How did I resolve this noise pop up windows with sign in requests?
    I opened 1Password Preferences - Sync folder and requested a new sign in. After this I entered my credentials into Apple sing in form for 1Password in Safari. 1Password confirmed that connection was established. However, the circle you mentioned had remained active in Safari. I simply closed the tab in Safari.
    If you see on Sync tab in Preferences that your vault was successfully synced XX minutes ago - no more issue.

N.B. I performed these actions after 1Password upgrade to version 6.3

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Corky_Rainey,

@kkrakovych is right, and I’m sorry for the inconveniences that this is causing to you. The main thing that you need to know is that all your data is as secure as always, there's no risk of losing your password, and that it can easily be fixed. You can read the detailed explanation of what's going on, why it's happening and how to fix it on this post. Thank you both for your patience in dealing with this issue.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.