Changing registered email address

MDBrown
MDBrown
Community Member

I am the primary owner of my 1PW for Families account, and I need to change my registered email address.

I see where to do it (in the web app admin console), but I'm a little nervous. Can't afford to get locked out if something goes wrong.

Is there anything special I need to consider before changing the address? The new address will be under a different domain.

When I change it in the web app, will I need to change it anywhere else? I don't see any place to change it on my iOS apps.

And will the change affect other family members?

Please give as much detail as possible.

Thanks as always.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MDBrown,

As long as you can receive email at that address, you've got nothing to worry about.

No other family members will be affected. It's only the address for your account. Of course, it is prudent to have another family organizer for account recover purposes, but this is just a reminder of something you should already have set up. :)

You shouldn't need to do anything on your other devices since you have already authorized them. But you can simply sign in as usual to new devices with your new email address… just like before.

Don't sweat it too much. I think you are making yourself a little nervous. As long as the email account is valid, you have access to it, and incoming mail is being received at it, then you're all set. :+1:

But don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.