Primary vault on iPhone different to primary vault on Mac. Can I merge them?

Options
davidputtick
davidputtick
Community Member

I have a primary vault on my iPhone which is different to the primary vault on my Mac. The primary vault on my Mac is stored in Google Drive. Is it possible to sync this with the iPhone? If not how can I ensure I have the same set of passwords on various Macs and my iPhone?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Google Drive
Referrer: forum-search:merging primary vaults

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davidputtick: While 1Password for iOS cannot connect to Google Drive, it is absolutely possible to merge your vaults using a different sync method.

If you're up for it, it's actually pretty easy. But first you'll need to decide between Dropbox and iCloud. I'd say go with iCloud unless you need to sync more than your single, Primary vault, or share a vault with someone else. If either of those are true, Dropbox will be the better option:

1Password sync options

Whichever you choose, be sure to backup your data first, just in case:

1Password backup and restore

Then, you just need to setup 1Password to sync with iCloud or Dropbox on one device, wait til it's finished syncing your data, and then setup sync on the other device. When you get to this point, you'll be warned that the vaults don't match. That's okay! Just merge them and you're good to go!

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.