• Chrome 50.0.2661.102 (64 bit)
  • 1Password Chrome Extension 4.5.6.90
  • 1Password Mini version ???
  • Syncing with iCloud

Situation & Facts

• I cannot find this problem searching knowledgeable
  • I am not using Families or Teams
  • 1Password is successfully syncing between Mac and iPhone using iCloud
  • 1Password Mac application located in user applications folder: ~/Applications/1Password 6
  • Vault in ~/Documents/Secure/1Password.agilekeychain
  • User Library folder shows ~/Library/Application Support/1Password
  • User Library folder shows ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

Problem(s)

• 1Password Mini in menu bar is not reflecting changes in 1Password Mac application. Is showing old, outdated data.

• 1Password Browser Extension in Safari in menu bar is not reflecting changes in 1Password Mac application. Is showing old, outdated data.

• 1Password Browser Extension in Chrome in menu bar is not reflecting changes in 1Password Mac application. Is showing old, outdated data.

• Problems persist even when volume containing backup clone is offline (no possibility of duplicates)

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sscjeat,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password, but I do appreciate what an awesomely detailed report you’ve provided us with! It gives us a great place to start.

Now, what you describe sounds a lot like what would happen if you had multiple copies of 1Password installed on your system: 1Password mini is looking at an older database and the main 1Password app is looking in the right place. Since you mention that’s likely not the case, I’d like to get a closer look at your system to see if we can figure out where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• sscjeat
    sscjeat
    Community Member

Agilebits support,

Diagnostics Report generated and transmitted 5/31/16 4:13pm
    Support ID received 5/31/16 4:29pm
    support ID - [#BIC-99121-568].

Additional information:
    I searched again for duplicate copies of 1Password application - none found.

I did find TWO files with the name “1Password.agilekeychain”. One was in:
    ~/Documents/Secure/1Password.agilekeychain
    (that is where I expect and want the vault to be stored)

the other in:
    ~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
    (left over from previous sync approach)
    I tried changing the name of the folder and vault file in the Dropbox folder.

No change in symptoms.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sscjeat,

We have received your email with the diagnostics report and we'll be in touch soon. We'll continue the conversation over email :chuffed:

ref: BIC-99121-568

This discussion has been closed.