My spouse had 1pw. Signed up for family yesterday. Lost all 1pw passwords-75 of them. Help!

bela
bela
Community Member

My spouse had 1pw. Signed up for family yesterday. Lost all 1pw passwords-75 of them from her individual account. She had 75 passwords on that account. Yesterday we signed up for a family plan and paid the $65 fee. Now when she signs in, all 75 of the passwords have vanished. We have no backup that we can find. I hope you can help us because we are pretty freaked out by the loss of the information. Can we have a conversation by phone or another private way that we can share our specific email address, account keys and passwords with you?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My spouse had 1pw. Signed up for family yesterday. Lost all 1pw passwords-75 of them. Help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bela,

I sincerely apologize for the frustration here! I know that not having access to your data can be a bit scary, but we’ll work with you until we get this sorted out. There is no need to share account keys and passwords with us, but if you would like to communicate via email you can send a message in to our team at support@agilebits.com. Of course, we can also continue the conversation here. Our team is monitoring the forums 7 days a week to ensure that your questions are answered quickly.

Now, signing up for 1Password Families should have no effect on any existing data. But it’s important to note that using the 1Password app with personal ‘stand-alone’ vaults that you sync yourself is different than using a 1Password account. Creating an account using 1Password Teams or 1Password Families will not automatically import your existing data. To do so, you’ll need to add your account in 1Password for Mac and migrate your data. We’ve got articles in our support pages that can help you with this process:

How to migrate to a Team or Family account

Do these instructions help? If I’m misunderstanding the situation, please feel free to provide some further detail, such as:

• Are you looking in the 1Password Families web view or in the 1Password app when you notice your data is missing?
    • You mentioned not finding backups, where were you looking?
    • Did you make any changes to the 1Password app on your Mac when you signed up for 1Password Families - did you add your account or move any existing data?

The more specific about this you are able to be, the more quickly we’ll be able to get to the bottom of this.

• bela
    bela
    Community Member

Megan:
    Thank you. We will follow up by email.
    Barbara

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi Barbara ( @bela ),

Fantastic. Our email team will help you get everything back on track. :)

Feel free to include a link to this discussion when you send your message in so our team has a bit of extra context.

This discussion has been closed.