[Dev] 1password helper websocket communication failed

buaacss
buaacss
Community Member

Hi, everyone

I upgraded my 1Password to 6.3 yesterday and I could't get my iTerm2 browser communicate with 1password helper throw ws://127.0.0.1:6263

So I downgraded to 6.2, and used Wireshark to have a check the WebSocket package

I noticed that it's all OK to connect to the socket, but failed on the first hello package. The helper should send a WebSocket package back

Something like: {"action":"welcome","payload":{"capabilities":["press-enter-key"]},"version":"01"}

while I only got a tcp ACK package, but nothing on WebSocket to read.

the request ws package is exactly the same as google Chrome 1password extension

don't know why... can anyone give me a help? Thanks~

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• buaacss
    buaacss
    Community Member

websocket communicate with 6.2

• buaacss
    buaacss
    Community Member

websocket communicate with 6.3

• Hi @buaacss,

Thanks for your question, there were definitely some changes around the communication protocol in 6.3. Are you using sudolikeaboss in iTerm? If so then please see the discussion on https://github.com/ravenac95/sudolikeaboss/issues/19

Rudy

• buaacss
    buaacss
    Community Member

@rudy

Exactly what I want, thank u very much

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rudy, you're very welcome! Glad he was able to help you out with that.

If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. :)

• buaacss
    buaacss
    Community Member

@Drew_AG @rudy Hi guys, sorry for bother again

I just upgraded to latest 1password, and sudolikeaboss can't work again, and I've read the issue on github this time.

I've done some reverse work and can decrypt payload now, but I'm confused how to retrieve password from 1password.

unlike previous version, when I click an item in 1password, I got a openURL response rather than fillItem, should I send fillItemResults to 1password? Can u guys give me some help here? Thank u very much~

P.S. It's so glad to see the payload is encrypted, great job!

• Hi @buaacss,

It sounds like something isn't right if you're getting openURL instead of fillItem. I can't think of any changes we've made that would have caused a change in that behavior. Did you reverse-engineer the solution or did you email in asking for documentation? If you reverse-engineered it, I recommend that you email us at support+security@1password.com and request the documentation for SMA so that you can verify your implementation.

Rick

• buaacss
    buaacss
    Community Member

Hi, @rickfillion

It's my problem, I should save password in password group instead of login group, everything is fine now. Thanks for replying

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear it's working correctly now! We're here for you if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• buaacss
    buaacss
    Community Member

@Drew_AG sudolikeaboss does not work again, I've noticed that 1password for chrome uses native message right now, I did some reverse engineering on the plugin to make 1password work again, but it's not a good solution, could u please send me a document on plugin development so that I could develop a plugin right for iTerm and mac terminal? Thank u very much

• Hi @buaacss,

Thanks for the interest, but we don't provide documentation for plugin development. The latest issue with sudolikeaboss is due to it pretending to be Chrome when it isn't and 1Password no longer wanting to communicate via websockets with Chrome. You'll want to talk to the sudolikeaboss developers as they're the ones in a position to fix that.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.