1Password Teams subscription trial ended

Options
srehne
srehne
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Lounge

Hi.

I just wanted to warn everybody about a really bad behaviour from 1Password.

I bought 3 team licenses for my developers. And for some reason agilebits has decided to shut down our licenses.

We thought 1Password was a reliable product. But unfortunately we are now stuck - the developers have no access to their passwords.

This means that 1Password can't be used for any critical information in the future unless agilebits changes it's strategy.

This kind of product can't just "be blocked" - when I've paid the money for the product.

Is there anyone else who have experienced this really serious issue?
I am having huge problems with support - they don't seem to grasp the seriousness of the problem.
Have you had it resolved?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I'm just a user, though a fairly experienced one, and I don't know anything in detail about team licences (whether the new 1PW for Teams or the older business licence). But one thing that occurs to me is that you may have been caught by a misunderstanding that hits many individual users.

AgileBits NEVER denies access to a user's passwords, though it may prevent any editing of adding to passwords.

This latter happens when the trial has expired.

And it is not enough to purchase a licence, the licence has to be applied. For a single user, this is done by clicking on a link in the confirmation email.

Does this help? If not, can you post more details (including the version of 1PW and the OS) on the forum? I appreciate that you may not want to do this, you may feel that the information is private. What error message do you get when the developers try to run 1PW.

If you are having difficulty with support (the staff are usually very helpful) because they are not understanding the problem, it may well be that I and other experienced users may understand what is happening more clearly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srehne: I don't see a license under this email address, and it would be inappropriate to comment on something of a personal or financial nature publicly, so please contact us directly at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll work with you to get things sorted out if there's a problem with your 1Password license(s).

However, if you're referring to a 1Password Teams/Families subscription (as opposed to a standalone license for the apps), then yes the account will be "frozen" if payment isn't kept current. However, you can still access your data through the website or using the apps; you simply can't edit or fill using the browser extensions. And if you have any questions about billing, contact us at support@1password.com and we'll see what we can do to help.

I also don't see any previous correspondence, but if you'll post your Support ID here we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! :)

• srehne
    srehne
    Community Member
    Options

The subscription part comes as a big surprise to me. Yes I might not have read all the later emails that has been sent out. But the early emails where I was a first-mover on this solution (email from 13/11/2015 thanking me for signing up) does not mention anything about subscriptions.
    And the payment I did on the website did not mention any of this at the time when I payed for the license file I received by Dale Teare.

But don't worry about support - we will look at other alternatives to 1Password ...
    or pay again - if I can't get other solutions to work for us.

But it has definitely not been a nice experience - and not at all at the same elegant level that the standalone solution actually demonstrates. Because the product has been really, really awesome - without the team solution.
    I am still a huge fan for personal use!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srehne: Thanks for getting back to me! It sounds like you may have purchased a standalone 1Password license, but have been using the subscription service instead. At least that's what it sounds like from your description. Without more information it's hard to say for certain though, and impossible to get things squared away for you without going into more detail, so please shoot us an email. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.