Same password, different usernames on different sites.

icb
icb
Community Member

I have a set of accounts that have to be the same password, but different usernames.

When logging into my library, I have to use my username and password, but when logging into their 3rd party eBook services, I have to use my library card number and the same password.

Multiple sites with the same username and password is already supported, but linking them together with different usernames doesn't seem to be.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:same password different username

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@icb in this case it sounds like you'll want to create two different items -- one for the library and one for the e-book service. If you haven't been prompted to save your information from the e-book service in the past, you might want to manually create a login.

• icb
    icb
    Community Member

@nmott That's what I've done, but it would be nice to have them linked so if I change my password, I don't have to remember to update it in several other entries.

• Hi @icb,

That's an interesting use case. It's one we currently do not support at this time. This situation may become more prevalent in the future, so we'll keep your scenario in mind.

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your scenario though. We do appreciate it!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• herik63
    herik63
    Community Member

Hallo all,
    I have the same small issue: my company uses the domain password to login to several sites sometimes with different username, it could be wonderful to have a "global" password linked to more than one site.

cheers :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @herik63,

Thank you for letting us know! I can't make any promises about if/when we might add a feature like that, but I can certainly let our developers know it would be helpful for you.

For now, you'll need to create a separate Login for a site where you sign into the same account with the same password but a different username (or maybe you already do). If you need to change your account password, just remember to update each Login item for that same account (if it helps, you can use Tags to organize those Login items together).

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.