Citibank login filling issues

Options
Kwajmeck
Kwajmeck
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

The regular Citibank website has a box for the UserID and password, like most websites. My 1P login, has all of the required info. When I use it, the User ID is not filled in or is removed by the Citibank webpage in a blink. If I use the "remember you user ID" from a subsequent page, then it works. However, this feature has gone away with previous website changes.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.3 (Safari & Firefox)
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1P will not fill in the user ID on Citibank website.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kwajmeck: As a Citi customer, I feel your pain! They've been pretty great to me as a financial institution, but their website leaves something to be desired. ;)

Indeed, the Citi login page you referenced there clears out the username field. Unfortunately we haven't yet found a way to work around this particular problem. Fortunately there's a better way. Just follow these steps to manually save a new login:

1. Navigate to https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do (this login portal works much better)
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

filled in login and pass - then saved new login

later when I try to login from 1p - seems the user login field not filled in just pass - so it fails

i think they do something odd trying to obfuscate user name with javascript?

https://online.citi.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do

How do I get this to work with 1P?

1Password Version: latest
    Extension Version: latest
    OS Version: el cap
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• rdforbes
    rdforbes
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same thing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdforbes, @dealtek: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your posts to an existing discussion on Citi login issues in the browser filling category of the forums.

Please see my reply above for the solution, and let me know if you have any questions! :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Brenty's solution worked for me. When I log into https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do, 1P is able to insert both the User ID and the password... and it is accepted. THANKS! Now, my next challenge is to get my personal finance app (Banktivity) to be able to log into that site.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Correction... that specific login site does not allow the USER ID to be inserted. It has to be "remembered" by the Citibank site. That can happen by manually logging in and clicking on the "Remember my User ID" button. Once it is remembered, then this page that Brenty sent out works when 1P inserts the password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@AMCarter3: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad that helped!

If you're having trouble with another site, please feel free to start a new discussion with the details and @ -mention me so I can help! :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, after logging in several times to the Citibank site since our last exchange on this topic (6/28), I find that no matter which Citi site I use to log in, sometimes it accepts my username and password AND sometimes it rejects them. It seems a bit random. This is true for both the main Citi login site AND the alternate site Brenty suggested. So, what I now do is try the main Citi login page and if that doesn't work, I try the alternate page that Brenty sent. One or the other always seems to work eventually. It is messy and a bit frustrating, but I am able to get logged in.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a bit odd, @AMCarter3. Can you let me know how you're telling 1Password to fill—double clicking the item in 1Password, clicking the toolbar button and choosing a Login, keyboard shortcut, or something else?—when you are filling these Logins? My initial thought was that you were using Command-\ and there are multiple Logins in 1Password, one good, one bad, and the bad one is matching on one page and the good one is matching on another page. Does this sound plausible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

The symptoms are odd, but you are heading up the wrong tree. I have one URL for Citibank. I tend to use either "Command \" or Mini 1P in the toolbar. If neither works, I resort to copy/paste. Regarding the Citibank's site, I am not the first to report odd behavior and difficulties with their login on this forum. I have experimented with alternate login pages (they have 2-3 versions). Sometimes using 1P works; sometimes not.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AMCarter3: This happens to me sometimes too if I've got too many browser windows/tabs open. Might that be the common denominator? 1Password will try to fill, but if the browser is loading the page slowly it might not be ready when it does. I've found that as long as I don't get too greedy and bog down the browser — Chrome and Safari especially — it works well at this URL. Let me know if that helps!

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty: That's the site you sent out June 2. As I commented, I am finding that even on that site, the 1P login sometimes works and sometimes does not. I use Firefox -- I'll watch to see if browser bogging might be a factor. I've not seen that before.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AMCarter3: Indeed! I just want to make sure someone else visiting this discussion with a similar question doesn't have to wade through the whole thing for one URL. ;)

If you can find a pattern, please let me know. If there's anything we can do to improve 1Password there, we'll be happy to do it. I appreciate you bringing this up so I can keep an eye out for it myself! :)

This discussion has been closed.