Will Agile Bits/ 1Password ever send a pop up window on a mac asking for your name/email ?

Mulelady
Mulelady
Community Member

Two days ago a pop up window appeared on my Macbook Pro with a 1Password logo & some code # stating something about an issue it detected....I think about something improperly closing ....had a box for my name , email and comments I may have , if I wanted help ? Now I'm worried that I numbly responded....and wonder if that was legit or some virus ? Feel stupid I didn't take a screen shot. I do know that Apple Updates recently provided an update titled" Password Manager and secure wallet 6.3 The Passion Project " ? Am I in trouble ? I did not provide my 1 Password which is synced with Drop Box.....is that safe ?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Drop Box
Referrer: forum-search:Will Agile Bits/ 1Password ever send a pop up window on a mac asking for your name & email ?

Comments

• Hi @Mulelady,

No need to be alarmed; it is perfectly normal, and this did not compromise your safety in any way. And you did the right thing in not providing your password. We will never ask for that.

If there is a crash in either 1Password or 1Password mini, the next time you launch it, you will see a window asking for your name, email, and a description fields. This sends that along with the crash report to us so that we can investigate the crash and fix the bug. The name and email is there in case we have to contact you for more information.

In fact, you may notice other applications do that after they crash. Many apps use a similar (or the same) system for collecting crash reports.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Mulelady
    Mulelady
    Community Member

So relieved ! Thank you ...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi @Mulelady,

I’m glad that Kevin’s answer helped give you a bit of piece. I know the first few times a crash report appeared on my screen I was a bit confused too.

If you ever have any other questions about 1Password, we’re happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.