Problems after using CCleaner and Malwarebytes

DrDLH
DrDLH
Community Member

I am using 1Password on 3 Mac computers. I use dropbox. All was working fine until cleaning/malware check on all 3 computers . Somehow I now have two 1Password apps on this laptop (running 10.10.5). I.e.: "1Password" and "1Password6" Neither are fully functional in opening all logins. Some open;some don't. Mostly they give username, but don't fill in password. My main computer, a desktop running 10.10.5 seems to open more than the two laptops, but many still don't work. Several sites no longer recognize the name and password, even when they are correct in the app.

Should I trash both 1Password apps (where I have two) and re-install?
How should I proceed in dealing with the 1Password logins which don't work?

As you can no-doubt discern, I'm not too savvy re computer management.

Thanks
DLH

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrDLH,

I'm sorry to hear that you ended up having some trouble with 1Password. On Mac, cleaning and anti-malware software tend to cause much more trouble than what they solve, so I'd recommend you to stop using them so you can get the best results from 1Password :chuffed: The first thing that you need to do is get rid of one of the copies of 1Password, to do that you can follow the instructions here:https://support.1password.com/extra-copies-found/. You should keep the one that only says "1Password", without the number.

Once you've done this, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac so we can be sure of the state of your data and 1Password on your computer:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.