SYNC ACROSS MULTIPLE APPLE DEVICES - NO DROPBOX

stephanielise
stephanielise
Community Member

I wish to sync across two mac laptops, an iPad and iPhone. Dropbox is not an option as I will be in China and it is not accessible. I am leaving very soon!! Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

iCloud? Or does China prohibit iCloud access? If you use iCloud, be aware that currently there is an issue where you may be asked to log in to iCloud once a day or so, see several forum threads.

Alternatively, you could use wifi to sync one Mac with the iPad and iPhone, and folder sync in some form to sync the two Macs. Unfortunately wi-fi sync does not work between Macs.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi @stephanielise,

danco has given you a couple of good options: you can use iCloud if it's an option in China. Otherwise you can set to Sync via Wi-Fi, however that would be a bit more cumbersome, as you can only sync one mobile device to one computer at a time, so you'd have to play with different combinations there.

You have one last option that might make it all easier for you: getting a subscription to 1Password Families. You wouldn't need to worry about syncing, your data is hosted on our servers so it would be immediately available. Keep in mind that you can try 1Password Families for one month for free! You can read more about this here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.