Chrome and Safari extensions not working since update to 6.3

nofocus88
nofocus88
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Mac

Working on a Mac mini mid 2011 Version OSX 10.11 (15A284), Google Chrome is Version 51.0.2704.79 (64-bit) and Safari Version 9.0 (11601.1.56), 1Password 6 Version 6.3 (630032) AgileBits Store, Chrome extension 4.5.6.90 and Safari extension 4.5.6. Synching with Dropbox.

Yesterday I updated 1password to 6.3. Big mistake. Now every time I try to use 1password whether in Chrome or Safari it brings up a new tab looking for the 1password app.

"The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly."

The app itself works fine. The mini works fine. I've uninstalled the extensions a number of times and restarted the computer also a number of times. I've hit a wall. I even tried downloading the previous version but my 1password library won't support it as it's been updated. How can I fix this please? Without the extensions 1password is as useful as notepad. I had to let Google save the password for this site!

Thanks, Charlie

1Password Version: 6.3 (630032)
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11 (15A284)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nofocus88,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using the 1Password extension in Chrome and Safari since the update! Thank you very much for all the details you provided, they're really helpful for us.

To start, can you please try these steps:

• Open (and unlock) the main 1Password app.
    • Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar, then click the General tab.
    • Make sure the option for "Always keep 1Password Mini running" is enabled.
    • Go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.
    • Unlock 1Password again, then try using the 1Password extension in Chrome/Safari.
    • If you still get the same error, please reboot your Mac.
    • After the Mac restarts, try the 1Password extension again.

Is there any difference at this point? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• nofocus88
    nofocus88
    Community Member

Nothing has changed other that 1password itself is now acting odd. Slow to start and crashed first time. It's running now, never mind crashed again. This is not an improvement. 1password mini is running fine.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nofocus88,

So you're having the same problem with the 1Password extension, but now the main 1Password app is also running slowly when you start it and crashes sometimes? That's very strange and I'm not sure what would be causing those problems, and if they're related or not.

To help us figure out what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• nofocus88
    nofocus88
    Community Member

Sent but the "bot be late". Gotta run, post number later.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem, just let us know whenever you get a chance! :)

• nofocus88
    nofocus88
    Community Member

MJL-22449-761 is my case number.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @nofocus88! We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: MJL-22449-761

• kostya4118
    kostya4118
    Community Member

I have the same problem

• nofocus88
    nofocus88
    Community Member

It was Qustodio. I don't even have it protecting my logon but it got me anyhow. Disabling it didn't work, uninstalling it works. I tried to reinstall but the problems came right back. I'm putting Qustodio in a time out.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@nofocus88, thank you for updating us on that! I'm glad our support team was able to help figure out what was preventing the 1Password extension from connecting to the app. If you're able to find steps to add 1Password as a whitelisted app in Qustodio settings, we'd love it if you could follow up here to let us know. I'm sure other customers in the same situation will appreciate it! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kostya4118,

I'm sorry to hear you're also having trouble with the 1Password extension in Safari and Chrome! It looks like software called 'Qustodio' was causing this problem for nofocus88. Do you happen to have that installed? If so, does uninstalling Qustodio allow the 1Password extension to work in your browsers?

If you don't have Qustodio installed, it sounds like something else is preventing the 1Password extension from connecting with the app. In that case, please follow the steps from my previous post here. Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• kostya4118
    kostya4118
    Community Member

I have no Qustodio. After a while, everything worked as usual. Perhaps the blame Dr. Web.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kostya4118,

I’m so glad to hear that everything is working again! I hope it stays that way, but if you notice any other weirdness, we’re always here to help. :)

• kostya4118
    kostya4118
    Community Member

The problem persists after rebooting. #VCH-86155-182 is my case number.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kostya4118,

Sorry to hear the problem returned! Thanks for sending a diagnostics report. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Hopefully we'll have this all sorted out quickly! :)

ref: VCH-86155-182

• murphyj
    murphyj
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. I tried reinstalling the extension as well as disabling all other extensions.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @murphyj ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this too. If reinstalling the extension and restarting your system haven't cleared things up, we'll need to take a closer look:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• murphyj
    murphyj
    Community Member

Thanks Megan. I sent the diagnostics report.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @murphyj,

Thanks for sending in the Report. I've updated the thread with the relevant details from our conversation here. Someone from the support team will reply soon with more information.

We'll keep the conversation going directly via email from now on so we don't get things muddled up between here and there.

ref: IBF-42714-859

This discussion has been closed.