1password on mac expensive

ebertb
ebertb
Community Member

Hello Support, I have already bought 1password for ios. Why is 1Passwort for Mac so much more expensive?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hello Support, I have already bought 1password for ios. Why is 1Passwort for Mac so much more expensive?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ebertb,

Thanks for writing in with your question!

First, I wanted to let you know that the price you see for a 1Password license on our AgileBits Store actually includes licenses for both the Mac and Windows versions of 1Password. With that in mind, hopefully the price seems a bit more reasonable.

Now, as far as why the cost of Pro features in 1Password for iOS are less than the cost of licenses for the Mac and Windows versions, that's mostly because Mac and Windows are much more robust operating systems, which allows us to add many more features on those platforms. On iOS, we're more limited with what we're able to do.

Instead of purchasing licenses for the standalone apps, another option is to sign up for a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families, which is a subscription-based service. Although there's a recurring fee, a Teams/Families account includes the use of the 1Password apps on all our supported platforms for no additional charge (that includes Pro features for the iOS and Android versions). Future upgrades to those apps will also be free with a Teams/Families account.

Hopefully this helps to answer your question and also explain some options. If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.