Upgrading purchase to cover Windows - I never get a License I can duplicate

saustin
saustin
Community Member

I purchased 1P 4 years ago and in the time since have upgraded to 1P 6. Now I want to use it on my PC as well. I cannot get enough info on my existing license to complete the process. All I get is a link to "Apply my 1P License" via email. This link does not work on a PC, nor does it provide me with the license code needed to upgrade my existing license to cover my new PC install on the site's upgrade page.

How do I upgrade my current Mac license to cover my PC install as well? Thanks for your hlep.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @saustin,

Sorry you're having a bit of trouble figuring out how to upgrade your license to include the Windows version!

The email that has your license information should also have a license code for 1Password 3 for Mac. You can enter that code on our Upgrade Store to see your upgrade discount. I resent your license information to your email, so you'll have another copy just in case you need it.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

• saustin
    saustin
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

I feel like a dumbass, but I still don't get it. Snippets of my recieved email and the link destination are below. Neither gives me a license key.

EMAIL BODY

Your AgileBits Licenses
    Below are all your licenses purchased from the AgileBits Store.

1Password 6 for Mac
    Single License
    Name: Sean Austin
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    License: Click here to Apply Your 1Password License
    Notes:

Your 1Password 6 license entitles you to use 1Password 4 and 5 as well which use the same license file as 1Password 6.

**When I click on the "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License" link, I get this**

Page link - https://agilebits.com/licenses/download/[details removed by moderator for security]

License Details for Sean Austin

This page is unique to your license and should not be shared.
    Name: Sean Austin
    Purchase Date: November 19, 2014
    Thank You!

Your copy of 1Password should now be registered. If this did not happen automatically you can Click Here to Apply Your License.

**When I click on "Click Here to Apply Your License" I am prompted to download a file that my PC does not recognize. Nowhere do I see a license code - for any version of 1P. I did try to copy and paste the last section of the web link as the key, no luck.**

Sorry. Still not understanding it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @saustin,

I'm very sorry for the confusion with 1Password and how to upgrade it to use it on Windows! We have received your email and we'll continue the conversation, over there. It will al be sorted out in no time! :chuffed:

ref: WCF-65112-883

This discussion has been closed.