How to resolve "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" - for Mac App store version

NeeRL
NeeRL
Community Member

Hello,

I've been trying to open 1Password but keep getting the "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" popup. The app does not appear in my applications folder as well. When I go to the app store under 1Password it says to "open" but when I do, same popup appears. 1Password also does not appear in Mac's Launchpad anymore.

The mini 1Password appears on my menu bar on my screen and it works but when I try to open the main app from it's drop down menu, I get the same popup error as before.

Not sure what to do next so any helpful advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks,

Janeen

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x el capitan 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
  • NeeRL
    NeeRL
    Community Member

Yes, I tried the suggestions in that article. But, today I did another search for 1Password app and found it in the CCC SafetyNet folder. I moved it to the applications folder and restarted my mac. Now everything seems to be working again!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NeeRL,

It sounds like 1Password was conflicting with some of the other apps on your computer, it happens with apps related to anti-malware or cleaning. I'm glad to hear that it's solved now, please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.