How do I upgrade to 6.3 when the App store is not prompting me

avonbikerider
avonbikerider
Community Member

I see where there is an upgrade for 1Password for Mac to 6.3. I currently have 6.2.1. The App Store has not indicated there is an update available. How can I get the latest update?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do I upgrade to 6.3 when the App store is not prompting me

Comments

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Hey, I had the same problem. What worked for me was to delete 1Password on my Mac and then to re-download it from the App Store.

• coachdriver
    coachdriver
    Community Member

I had exactly the same issue on one of my two OSX machines. I also move the 6.2.1 application to the trash and then reinstalled from the App Store without any issues and it picked up all my data without me having to do anything.

• Hi @avonbikerider ,

The other posts here have the best solution. Delete the app and re-download it. It will then download the latest version. Unfortunately, we have no control over that part of the process. Something about OS X's software update system may not be noticing the new version.

Regards,
    Kevin

• jeffreyh
    jeffreyh
    Community Member

I had the same problem as well and same solution worked. It looks like there is something broken with the app store with 1password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

I'm glad the solution here helped you install the 6.3 update! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about that. (We've also heard that rebooting the Mac causes it to appear in the Updates section of the Mac App Store, at least for some customers.)

We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.