Auto-filling the E-mails, Addresses or other things just like Dashlane

Options

Hello everyone! I was previous a Dashlane user.
Dashlane has a convenient feature that it fills the user's email and addresses into the corresponding fields.
That's super powerful if you are completing payment info, or other similar forms.
Is it possible for 1Password to add the similar feature like that?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Auto-filling the E-mails, Addresses or other things just like Dashlane

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @birkhoff,

If you create Identity and Credit Card items you should find using these items to fill does what you're looking for. We've purposely kept the two separate as you don't always want the details in one when filling a particular form. In terms of filling though we can fill using:

• Login item
    • Identity item
    • Credit Card item
    • Password item

The last isn't that useful, they're more an intermediary step before creating the more useful Login item but I've included it for the sake of completeness. If you're finding that trying to fill using an Identity or Credit Card item isn't working on a particular site please let us know.

Does that help at all?

• birkhoff
    birkhoff
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables!

Thanks! Your answer solved my problem.
    In addition, I also want to know what purpose is Password Items designed for?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@birkhoff: I'm glad you asked, since I wanted to follow up on that anyway to clarify what lil bobby said. ;)

A Password item is saved when you generator and fill a password. This is a safety net, so you'll essentially have a log of the new passwords you've used, for example, in case you're unable to save the login properly for some reason. That way you can go back to 1Password and find the corresponding Password item so you're not locked out of the account.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• birkhoff
    birkhoff
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty So Password Items are just like the log of password generator results?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@birkhoff: Some people use them for saving non-Login passwords too, but yes, you're right on:

Password Items are just like the log of password generator results

The one clarification I have to make is that these are only saved when you fill them. If you simply generate password A, tweak a setting, and then password B is generated, password A will not have been saved. Cheers! :)

• birkhoff
    birkhoff
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thanks! I have understood that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're here for you if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.