I have 1Password 6.3 on my Mac. How do I set it up on my iPhone 5 and IPad air?

LKaizer
LKaizer
Community Member

I have 1Password on my Mac, version 6.3. How do I set this up on my IOS devices: iPhone 5 and iPad air? I would like to be able to travel and use my 1Password app and info.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1Password 6.3 on my Mac. How do I set it up on my iPhone 5 and IPad air?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LKaizer,

1Password for iOS is a free download from the iOS App Store. There are some Pro features available for a one-time In-App Purchase to give you some extra organizational options, but the basic version will give you access to your data while you travel.

Our User Guide will walk you through the process of setting up 1Password on your iOS devices, including sync. But if you hit any snags in the process, our team is always happy to help. :)

• LKaizer
    LKaizer
    Community Member

Thank you, Megan. Is there an advantage to syncing with iCloud or best to Sync with WiFi??? I don't tend to use the Cloud for much.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LKaizer,

Is there an advantage to syncing with iCloud or best to Sync with WiFi???

In order to sync via Wi-Fi, your Mac and iOS device(s) must be connected to the same wireless network, and 1Password must be open and unlocked on both. So that won't work if you want your 1Password data to sync while you're traveling (assuming you don't have your Mac with you).

In that case, you'll want to sync via iCloud (or Dropbox). You can find more information about the sync options in 1Password here: How to sync your 1Password data

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.