1Password browser window management

Options
skippingrock
skippingrock
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to iOS 9 and the iOS 9 1 Password browser.

Every time when I use the internal browser and want to open a new window, I get lost and always forget that there is a little + button in the lower right corner.

It is barely noticeable and I always think that this button is missing.

And if you have a keyboard on the iPad displayed, like right now, and tap on the window management button, the keyboard remains and the little + is completely obscured. See the screenshot.

Please move this button to the top of the screen and make it larger and more noticeable.

Thanks as this gets frustrating.
skipR

1Password Version: iOS 6.4.2 iPad
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @skippingrock,

Thanks for your report, that is definitely not the experience we want there.

I have filed this as OPI-3585 to have someone look at fixing it.

Rudy

ref: OPI-3585

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

thank-you @rudy

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skippingrock on behalf of @rudy you are very welcome! :)

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Thanks.
    What I'd really like to see is what is currently employed within Safari on the Mac. An empty page box with the +. It is more intuitive and illustrates what would be done when tapped.

-skippR

• Hey @skippingrock. You're absolutely right, that's a great way to implement this feature. I will be sure to update our internal bug report on this one.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

thx for putting this into the queue.

• No trouble at all, thanks for reaching out!

• linetrace
    linetrace
    Community Member
    Options

I run into this frequently as well, both when the on-screen keyboard is open and when using an external bluetooth or USB keyboard (using Lighting to USB 3 adapter). Not only is the '+' tab button obscured in both cases (requiring collapsing the keyboard controls), but also the browser (globe) button itself. When an external wireless/wired keyboard is connected, some keyboard controls may be shown at the bottom of the screen, covering them up, and like the on-screen keyboard, they can be collapsed, but it means you easily forget they're there and have to do an extra tap or two to access them each time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know this is affecting you. Hopefully we can come up with a solution that will work better on multiple screen sizes/orientations.

This discussion has been closed.