Keep Keychain Unlocked Settings Not Working

HenryY
HenryY
Community Member

Hi,

I've been running the latest Mac betas for a couple of months now. Currently 6.3.1-BETA4

In the 1Password Settings, under security it has the following settings:

Lock on sleep (Checked)
Lock on sleep when screensaver is activated (Unchecked)
Lock when main window is closed (Unchecked)
Lock when fast user switching (Checked)
Lock when computer is idle for x minutes (Unchecked)

In the past, with these settings, 1Password would remain unlocked unless the computer went to sleep. Now it locks up after I leave the computer idle (screensaver?).

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.1 Beta 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HenryY,

Thanks for writing in about this!

I wonder if you could please clarify exactly when 1Password is automatically locking itself:

In the past, with these settings, 1Password would remain unlocked unless the computer went to sleep. Now it locks up after I leave the computer idle (screensaver?).

Do you mean that 1Password locks itself when the screensaver turns on even though that option is unchecked in the settings? Or do you mean it locks itself when your Mac has been idle for a certain number of minutes (but the screensaver hasn't turned on and the Mac isn't asleep) even though that's unchecked in the settings? Or something else?

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I'm not sure when it's locking itself. It's after the computer has been idle for a while, I'm going to assume when the screensaver comes on, but I'm not sure.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HenryY,

I'm not quite sure why 1Password is locking itself when you don't expect it to, so the next time you notice this has happened, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I'm sending it now. It happens consistently everytime. I just VNC'd back into my Mac after not touching it for 20 minutes, and the keychain was locked.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HenryY,

We received your Diagnostics Report, thanks for sending it! I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: EKN-44332-848

This discussion has been closed.