Joined families, don't want to share passwords

Options
goldfinch
goldfinch
Community Member

Okay, after a decade of using 1P now I'm totally confused. I upgraded to 1P6, and just gave you my credit card # for Families so that my husband can run your newest version. His is back at 1P3 on his macbook pro and he just got an iPad2Air, no 1P on it yet.
I don't want to share passwords in a common vault, just want him to have the auto-fill and record-keeping aspects as otherwise he writes passwords on a slip of paper and loses it.

How do I accomplish this on both his devices? He's running 10.11.4. Information below is for my macbook pro.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @goldfinch,

You husband can upgrade from 1Password 3 to the current version: 1Password 6:

How to upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3

Mostly it's just a matter of downloading and installing the new app. :)

Then, he can move his items into his Personal family vault:

How to migrate to a family or team

On his iPad, he can simply install the app and sign in to his family account.

You don't have to make use of the Shared family vault if you don't want to, but you can just put one or two items in it if you want (i.e. Netflix password, wireless network password, those sorts of things). You wouldn't have to put everything in it. We know how important it is to keep separate data separate. ;)

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.