on mac how do I manually add a new login

Options
mccltd
mccltd
Community Member

Hi,
I want to manually add a login into 1password on my Mac but can't find a way to do it.
Yet on the iPhone I can.
How do you enter it manually on mac please as I can't find the option?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mccltd,

Thanks for writing in with your question! We can definitely help you with that.

'Manually' adding a new Login item could actually mean a couple different things, so I wanted to explain both of those and see which one you're asking about:

Normally, when we say "saving a Login manually", we're talking about how to manually trigger the 1Password browser extension to ask to save a new Login item when you fill out a sign-in form on a website. (Saving a Login item from the browser extension is usually the best way to do that.) The steps to do that can be found here: How to save a Login manually in your browser

On the other hand, you might be asking how to create a new Login item directly in the main 1Password app and fill in the username, password, and website fields yourself. If that's what you'd like to do, simply open (and unlock) the main 1Password app, then go to File > New Item > Login.

Does that help? Let us know how if you have more questions about that. Have a great weekend! :)

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I was trying to access it via the 1password icon found top right of mac screen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.