1Password has no New Vault option

ironspringsdesign
ironspringsdesign
Community Member

Hello I am a new user and just downloaded 1Password 6 ; I have no NEW VAULT option such as this article explains, so there is no way for me to create additional vaults.

https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/create-a-new-vault.html

Please help! Thanks! Tim

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ironspringsdesign: It sounds like you may be using 1Password Families (or Teams). Is that correct? If so, local vaults are disabled by default (since they won't be part of your account). You can enable them in 1Password Preferences > Advanced if you want, but a better option is to login to your account on 1Password.com and create a new vault there that you can access on all of your devices. I hope this helps! :)

• yippy3000
    yippy3000
    Community Member

Could you add the option to create new Family/Team vaults from within the app? It is very annoying that I can do everything I need to in the app except create new shared Vaults.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yippy3000

Thank you very much for your input and for letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. I'll pass your suggestion along to our developers, and while I can't tell you when or if we'll be able to add this, I for sure hope to see it as well :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.