Safari Extension problem not going away

beanland
beanland
Community Member

Hi, I have followed the instructions to rectify the disappearing Safari Extension problem, but to no avail.
I seem to have tried all the remedies and yet the problem of the disappearing 1password extension in Safari remains.
(1) have restarted, (2) I have deleted 1 password and reloaded, (3) I have removed the keychain record and restarted and then reloaded 1 password extension.
None work.
Any other suggestions?
Yes everything is up to date. Latest of everything.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:safari

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@beanland: You've mentioned some of the troubleshooting steps you've tried already, but can you elaborate on the problem you're having in the first place? There are a number of things that could cause an extension to "disappear", and it's hard to say what the solution might be without knowing the problem.

One issue that comes to mind as being particularly difficult to troubleshoot involves Safari having a "1password-2" extension file in its support folder from having a duplicate copy installed, and then the app isn't able to install a new copy or remove the old one. Be sure to update 1Password since you're a bit behind, and let me know what you find! :)

This discussion has been closed.