exported data to my drop box but can't get it to my wife iPad to sync

NormanM
NormanM
Community Member

having exported my data to my dropbox am clueless as to how to get this to my wife's iMac dropbox and into her 1password data. she also has latest version of mac and 1password app and extension.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: os 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Can't sync to my wife's iMac. Have exported to my dropbox and don't know what to do after that

Comments

• NormanM
    NormanM
    Community Member

Am stuck. both el capitan macs. exported my 1password data to my drop box. don't know how to get that to my wife's drop box

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: 4.5.6
    OS Version: os10.11.5
    Sync Type: dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:Can't sync to my wife's iMac. Have exported to my dropbox and don't know what to do after that

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@normanm welcome to the forums! We'll get everything straightened out :)

When you say that you exported your 1Password data to Dropbox, do you mean that you enabled syncing via Dropbox by going to 1Password > Preferences > Syncing and choosing Dropbox in the dropdown menu? (Wow, that's a mouthful.) Or do you mean that you literally used the Export option and saved that information to Dropbox?

if it's the first, we'll figure out what's going on. You might want to check out this guide to sharing a vault with Dropbox.

If it's the second, please make sure you have that information saved in 1Password and then delete it from Dropbox. Exported data is not encrypted and could be compromised by someone if they accessed your Dropbox account. Note that this only applies to exported data -- synced data, on the other hand, is protected by a whole bunch of security features. Once you've done that, run through the steps above to sync your data.

This discussion has been closed.