Need help after moving to family

Options
password0462
password0462
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Families

I (main account) MOVED everything to PERSONAL vault. Now,I try to sync but only choice is PRIMARY--WHICH IS NOW EMPTY.

ALSO, Does family synch both personal and shared vaults? If I change something in my PERSONAL, will that update on wife's shared?
Very confused

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:using familes SYNC

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @password0462,

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. We'll get it all sorted out in no time!

I (main account) MOVED everything to PERSONAL vault. Now,I try to sync but only choice is PRIMARY--WHICH IS NOW EMPTY.

That was the right thing to do :chuffed: With 1Password Families you don't need to set up syncing anymore, it's all done automatically. You only need to add your other devices to your account and your information will be available there. You can see how to do that here: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/#step-2-set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data.

ALSO, Does family synch both personal and shared vaults? If I change something in my PERSONAL, will that update on wife's shared?

It does sync personal and shared vaults to other devices but not necessarily to everyone else in the account. The data that you've stored in your Personal Vault is synced to all your other devices, but not your wife's. The data stored on the Shared Vault can be seen and edited by both of you. If you change something in your Personal Vault your wife won't be able to see it at all, you have to move it to the Shared one for her to access it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

• password0462
    password0462
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Pilar,

Thanks so much for the reply and info.

One last question, what is the best location choice for new passwords and logins? I see Primary along with Shared and Personal. What choice works best for most users? If I use Primary, I always have to make a second selection as to where to COPY or MOVE the new login?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

One last question, what is the best location choice for new passwords and logins? I see Primary along with Shared and Personal. What choice works best for most users? If I use Primary, I always have to make a second selection as to where to COPY or MOVE the new login?

That's up to you, but if you're using 1Password Families, it's best to save new information to your Personal vault. That way it's easily synced across all your devices without requiring any extra setup. And yes, if you choose to save things to the Primary vault, you'll have to move it over to another vault if you want it to show up when you view your data on 1Password.com or a device that isn't connected to your 1Password account :)

This discussion has been closed.