need help keeping app open on my desktop

tshapiro
tshapiro
Community Member

On my iMac I've set up 1password in the top nav. prior to the latest 1password software upgrade it would stay open (un-password protected) for as long as I kept the computer on once I entered my master password. Now I have to enter the master password every time I access the app. I much prefer it the old way. thank you

1Password Version: Version 6.3 (630032)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Version 9.1.1 (11601.6.17)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:desktop

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Check the 1PW preferences, Security, auto-lock.

I believe one recent change that would not be obvious is that "lock on sleep" used to mean "lock on computer sleep" but now means "lock on display or computer sleep". If I am right about this, would that explain your issue.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tshapiro,

danco is correct. If you go to Preferences then Security on 1Password, you need to readjust your security preferences and see which combination works best for you.

Please let us know if this solves your issue and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• tshapiro
    tshapiro
    Community Member

brilliant! Sounds like this is the ticket... I'll give it a try. Thanks

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@tshapiro you're welcome! Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else that we can do for you! :chuffed:

• uplinknova
    uplinknova
    Community Member

This is actually quite frustrating, as I used to like having the ability to sleep the display without it locking out, but allowing the lock when i close my laptop and take it on the road with me. Please separate the two options again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@uplinknova,

I hear you. I don't care for the change either.

For whatever it's worth, there were not separate options in the past. Display sleep was simply ignored, and the only "Lock on sleep" option was tied to putting your Mac to sleep. I'm advocating for separate options as there seem to be some vocal enough folks who got it changed to include display sleep, so let's let them have their option if they want it. :)

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!
    ref: OPM-4166

• uplinknova
    uplinknova
    Community Member

@khad,

You're right, i was thinking the screen saver option. I'm glad you guys are willing to work with your customers on this. I've been very happy with 1Password and still am, but will be happier again when i don't have to switch those settings every time I leave the house :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@uplinknova,

Totally understandable. :+1:

And thanks for the kind words!

This discussion has been closed.